Want to keep updated on
what is new in Huntington Beach?
A new business opening, a special deal or fun event? For updates:
Calendar of Events
Activities, where to shop and things to do in Huntington beach! We have plenty going on. Scroll down the page and see what there is to do in Huntington Beach. And don't forget to check the CALENDAR for updated info on activities
Huntington Beach Top Summer Hideaway for couples
Summer is a big deal in HB, so if you and your significant other haven't made plans yet, you should turn to DatingAdvice.com. "The authority on all things dating" . They just released their list of the "17 Perfect Summer Hideaways for Couples," and Huntington Beach came in at #5! Read the whole article HERE.
Huntington Beach Parking Information
Ever wonder where you can camp on the beach? Or just what it costs for day use at either the beach or one of the parking structures? Now you can get all the info right HERE.
Walk, Wine & Dine
How about a Foodie Tour! 3 hr guided walking tour - 6 tasting locations - Covering 1 1/2 miles of pure foodie fun! SAVE 20% - Type in discount code:HB20 when purchasing tickets at Walkwinedine.com. Download Discount flyer
Surf City Nights
Join the fun on Downtown Main Street, Huntington Beach
Tuesday nights from 5 - 9 p.m. Enjoy an evening stroll through the street fair that features a certified farmer's market, live entertainment, bounce houses, trains, balloon artists, sidewalk sales, and outdoor grilling. The farmer's market offers roasted peanuts, kettle corn, organic veggies/fruits, fresh cut flowers, cookies, spices, organic olive oil, and more. Live entertainers will perform with various acts that may include twin tap dancing brothers, break dancing group, Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole impressionists, and a rock flamenco guitarist duet. Make a night of it and grab dinner at a downtown Huntington Beach eatery and shop at our local stores. The City Parking Garage offers two hours of free parking from 4:00- 8:30 p.m.
Craft Fair at the Pier
Every Friday afternoon and most summer weekends, you can find Art-A-Faire down at the Promenade at the Pier, highlighting local artists as well as a great Farmer's Market
Get out in the Water
Of course we must have info on surfing (and more) in Huntington Beach! Surfboard rentals & surfing lessons:
- Our own resident surf legend, Corky Carroll, has a surf school - the only surf school to use real surfboards!
- ZACK'S right next to the Pier offers both lessons and rentals of boards as well as bikes, etc
- Jr. Lifeguards offer a Surf Camp
- Bruce Jones Surfboards in Sunset Beach offers board rentals
- And for the girls, we have HB Wahine with private lessons to surf camps
- How about renting a kayak? Right in Sunset Beach (as soon as you cross over the HB border on PCH north), you will find Kayak rentals (also available for purchase). Your can spend some time kayaking all through Huntington Harbor. Makes for a great afternoon. There are a couple of places there, but the one we like to recommend is Malibu Ocean Sports at 16910 PCH (the northern one). They can be reached at 562-592-0800
-Sunset Gondola brings the romance and tradition of Venice, Italy to the canals of Huntington Harbour and Sunset Beach. Perfectly Located on Pacific Coast Highway, accessibility is easy from all of Southern California. Their commitment to service and a thousand year old rowing tradition from Venice ensures that your cruise will be unforgettable.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
We have some great parks here in Huntington Beach including Central Park where you can roam at you leisure. Plus:
- Shipley Nature Center is an 18-acre natural area located in Huntington Beach, California. Situated within Huntington Central Park, the nature center is not only a sanctuary for the local wildlife, but it is also a haven for the residents and visitors of Orange County. Visit their WEBSITE for more info
- Enjoy a nature walk. The Bolsa Chica Wetlands has some enjoyable trails. Do some bird watching. Visit the Interpretive Center at 3842 Warner (at PCH). Learn how you can help the wetlands: 714-846-1114
- Check out the Norma Gibbs Butterfly Park. On Graham, between Warner and Heil, this park is a winter home (November to March) for the rare Monarch Butterfly, located in a peaceful eucalyptus grove. A mini escape from the city.
- Did you know we have a Equestrian Center right here in HB?? Where they offer horse play rentals, boarding, training, equestrian shows, horse shows, and more. Plus they have a beautiful area set up for rental for weddings, etc.
- Have dogs? Check out our local dog beach, where you can splash around in the water with your 4-legged friends.
Get out of the Sun
Of course we have more than just the beach and outdoors to enjoy here in HB
- The International Surfing Museum is at 411 Olive (in downtown), the museum preserves an important part of the Huntington Beach image as “Surf City, USA”. Info at: www.surfingmuseum.org
- The Newland House Museum at Beach & Adams is the oldest residence built in the city of Huntington Beach and is maintained by the Huntington Beach Historical Society for all to see. Read more about it or look in to taking a tour
- For entertainment catch a play at the Huntington Beach Playhouse at the Central Library. 7111 Talbert Ave. For show information and times or to book tickets on-line, check out their WEBSITE
There is lots of shopping to be had in Huntington Beach. Let's keep our spending dollars local.
Three of our main centers are:
Voted the #1 shopping center in Huntington Beach for the past 8 years by Orange County Register readers, 5 Points Plaza has a wide variety of shopping opportunities
A touch of old Europe awaits shoppers at the unique Old World Village in Huntington Beach, it is a shopping, dining and entertainment center, built in the image of a Bavarian village. It's like going to Europe without leaving Orange County
Bella Terra, is a great shopping venue as well as a great place to hang out, catch some live music or just people watch. There is plenty to do!
Everyone in Huntington Beach benefits when residents, visitors and business owners shop in HB. The Shop, Play & Stay is a cooperative public awareness program between the City of Huntington Beach, The Chamber, Visitor Center and the business community. The additional tax revenue keeps vital community programs funded.
Experience what HB has to offer. You'll find everything you need can be found here!